Friday, April 19, 2019

Abstract Play

Abstract art is interesting. It is like fingerpainting as a child.  You play, you experiment, you  follow your nose and see where it all goes. 

I took a two day workshop with Carol Nelson https://carolnelsonfineart.com/
at this super fun retreat.  It's been on my bucket list for a half dozen years, and now that I live 10 minutes away from the Portland Airport Hilton, there was no better time!  Carol is a very gracious and fun lady and a giving teacher who doesn't hold back on how to do her techniques.  I really appreciate that because some workshop teachers are pretty closed-mouthed about how they create things.  Thanks for teaching and sharing Carol!!  I love your art.
https://www.artandsoulretreat.com/


It was so fun to explore so many different medium applications and to just play.  It was so fun to combine two of my interests in life: Geology and Art. 

Here are two geologics and one paper collage abstract that I did during the workshop



No comments:

Post a Comment